Monday, April 20, 2009

Katrina's Bible Reading, etc.


I have to post this, because I am very proud of my daughter. We have been doing devotions with her at breakfast using a devotional book. We just got Katrina a NIrV Bible for her birthday, and today for the first time I had her read the verse that went along with the devotional.


At first she was nervous and said, "I'm not old enough to read the Bible. It's so big!" But, I encouraged her, and told her that her Bible was especially for those just learning to read. So, she gave it a shot, and she did just fine! She didn't even struggle to read, like she sometimes does. She was so excited to be reading it for herself, and I am so proud of her. We will continue this every morning, to encourage her Bible reading.


Praise God!


On a different, and totally unrelated note, I weighed Jonathan today (sort of-- I weighed myself and then held him and weighed myself again... not very accurate), and he weighs almost 10 lbs already! He's only 3 weeks old! You grow boy! :-]

No comments:

Our family

Our family