Friday, August 10, 2012

Thinking of Africa...

A BBQ at our Arusha house

I love it here in America, I really do.  Everything is so cheap (yes, fuel is $3.50+ a gallon, but we pay almost $8 a gallon in Arusha!), and convenient.  To check my mail I just look in my mailbox instead of driving to the post office down town.   You can find whatever you need at the store, and prepared food makes meals easy and quick! It's great that we can see our parents much more often.
   But, there are some things that I miss about Africa/Arusha.  As much as my kids drive me crazy sometimes, I'm going to miss them when they go to school in the fall.  In Arusha, we always homeschool, so that is never an issue.  I miss that in Arusha, our yard has a wall around it, so the kids can play outside without me "watching" them... here I have to be more vigilant.  Where we lived in Arusha, I could walk to the grocery store.  Here, I have to drive to get anywhere.  And, of course, I miss my friends in Arusha who make life so fun.  It seems we were always have a BBQ, or game night, or having people over for a play date with the kids.
      Of course, there are many things that are irritating, frustrating and plan exasperating about living overseas, so for now, I am enjoying modern life here in America!!

No comments:

Our family

Our family